Company Background- S&S Carbide is the industry leader in the manufacture of tungsten carbide ammunition dies, punches and associated tooling for the defense and sporting industries. Renowned for the impeccable finish and superior quality and durability of our components, we draw on unique know-how, advanced processes and the latest technology to achieve unparalleled levels of precision, with finishing levels of 1 RMS that meet the strictest tolerances. For over 40 years, our evolving culture of innovation and perfection has been our guarantee of the best solutions on the market.
Position Background- S & S is currently looking for a motivated Manufacturing Engineer. He (she) will be the person that elaborate the process steps by steps of creation of a specific part. He (she) will create the manufacturing drawings and be the technical support for our customers.
- Prepare all the contract review ;
- Define the optimal sequence of machining operations and map the process in our ERP system and quality system
- ERP system : Jobboss
- Quality system : Meta 4.0
- Creation of the manufacturing drawings in Solidwork;
- Develop 3D CAD models and production-ready drawings, in collaboration with engineering team, to support design, documentation, fabrication, assembly, and other product development activities;
- Produce and review production-ready assembly and detail drawings, applying annotations, notes, and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) elements consistent with the ASME Y14.5 standard;
- Maintain and apply fundamental knowledge of manufacturing processes for commonly used engineering materials;
- Be in touch with suppliers to make sure they are capable to meet our requirement;
- Support the improvement projects with the rest of the team ;
- Support the writing of all the work instructions;
- Support the production floor regarding the manufacturing drawings and the manufacturing process;
- Program the CNC equipment with featurecam or p4smarth ;
- Engineering Degree or equivalent experience ;
- 3 to 5 years of experience on CNC machining equipment ;
- Experience with SolidWork, ERP system and reading plans ;
- Ability to manage different projects at the same time and strong communication skills ;
- Excellent spoken and written English ;
- Experience with futurecam, ps4smarth and Jobboss ; (asset)
- Experience with machine tools (mills, lathe, drill press…) ; (asset)
- We are paying 100% of the health insurance with Kaiser after 90 days
- Possibility to participate with CalSavers for retirement account
- Paid vacation after 1 year
- Paid Sick leave
- Paid Holidays
- Closed on weekend
Free coffee, great working environment and team diners!!
Come work with us in the S&S carbide tool team!
📍Spring Valley, CA